4,7 sur 5 ... Nachdem der Balvenie Double Wood mein liebster Single Malt ist wollte ich gern auch einmal den Triple Wood probieren. When you play around with drams from the same distillery, it gives you insight into the distillery character while highlighting cask influences and ageing changes. Bits of oak intertwined with sherry. The overall impression is one of silky smoothness with some gentle spice and dried fruit flavours coming from the Sherry finishing. There’s more going on under the hood with the cask composition, and whilst the ABV is the same, there’s just a little bit more complexity wrapped up with the Balvenie’s easy-going quintessential Speyside character. To make The Balvenie DoubleWood, David Stewart MBE takes whisky that has spent at least 12 years in traditional whisky casks, American Oak ex-bourbon barrels and hogsheads, and moves it to Spanish oak ex-Oloroso sherry casks for an additional nine months. BALVENIE (The) 14 ans CARIBBEAN CASK. Aged for two years longer than the Doublewood, the extra time in the wood and the addition to the rum finishing adds a rich extra dimension. It has enough complexity to keep it interesting and fun, but light enough to fit into almost any occasion. William Grant started as a bookkeeper at Mortlach distillery 1866, where he learned the distilling trade. February 9, 2018. So here’s a three-way comparison that’s also a bit of a time capsule of my reviewing over the past few years, as I looked at each of these in very different times/places: __________________________________________________________, Went to a martini bar with my gf [Editor’s note: no longer with her] and all they had for scotch was Glenfiddich 12 and The Balvenie 12 Doublewood. A little history before we jump into today’s SvS! When you play around with drams from the same distillery, it gives you insight into the distillery character while highlighting cask influences and ageing changes. A 20cl bottling of Balvenie's excellent 12 Year Old DoubleWood, aged in refill American oak casks before being finished in European oak Sherry casks. Anmeldelse. Take a taste of the Balvenie 17 Doublewood if you can. Warmer than the nose suggests. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Reblogged this on Bryan Vanderkruk's Whisky Musings. very spicy and peppery, lots of sherry and fruit. It is my favourite releases between these two. Your email address will not be published. ( Log Out /  (and no picture). The sherry is bold on the nose but tempered by walnut, ground ginger, and some lingering cereal notes — evidence that even at 12 years old, DoubleWood is still quite young. However, the Caribbean Cask is just delicious. Caribbean Cask or Doublewood. Stores and prices for '1977 The Balvenie DoubleWood 12 Year Old Singl ... ' | prices, stores, tasting notes and market data. Ikke på lager. I think it is around the same price range as the Balvenie Rum and is a lot smoother IMO. Balvenie 12 year DoubleWood: single malt Scotch, Speyside, 43%, $57 Balvenie 17 year DoubleWood: single malt Scotch, Speyside, 43%, $150 Balvenie 14 year Caribbean Cask: single malt Scotch, Speyside, 43%, $68 I’ve never been an ardent admirer of the Balvenie. Balvenie 12 Year Old Triple Cask DESCRIPTION. ( Log Out /  Critics have scored this product 89 points. Colorado's Distillery 291 Recently Offered Up A New Maple Cask Finish Rye. Fresh grapes and red berries and spices with vanilla. Might have to try a Tun sometime. Some spiciness too. Balvenie 12 Doublewood – 40% (reddit review #8, Sept 2013) Went to a martini bar with my gf [Editor’s note: no longer with her] and all they had for scotch was Glenfiddich 12 and The Balvenie 12 Doublewood. Home; Whisk(e)y. American Bourbon Canadian Irish Scotch World. Tons of honey and sugar. Spicy hints, creamy caramel toffee and bits of oak and ginger. ABV: 43%. The Balvenie Doublewood 12 yo whisky is also part of the core series and readily available. this was not what I expected. He built Balvenie 1892. Not getting a ton. To make The Balvenie DoubleWood, David Stewart MBE takes whisky that has spent at least 12 years in traditional whisky casks, American Oak ex-bourbon barrels and hogsheads, and moves it to Spanish oak ex-Oloroso … Even better I like Springbank 15 (not really in the same category as the Rum finishes, but damn good, and on the sweeter side) . very nice. Hints of floral notes and malt intermingling with oak come to mind. ________________________________________________________________, I got this dram as part of an r/scotch mystery swap with /u/big_daddy_drams. La gamme The Balvenie Triple Cask comprend des single malt de 12 ans, 16 ans et 25 ans d'âge. (Well it was available before Covid and lockdown anyway) It was launched in 1993. 949,00 kr. Not as complex as I expected. Hints of fudge and soft spices. Camembert or brie cheese, mushroom risotto. COLOUR: The Balvenie Doublewood 12 yo is a dark, almost polished amber and burnt copper colour. Following the maturation, the whisky is married together to create a cohesive, flavoursome expression packed with orchard fruit, custard cream and cinnamon spice.

How To Comfort A Dog With Vertigo, Pros And Cons Of Immigration In Canada, Disable Bonjour Iphone, For King & Country - Shoulders, Skyrim Imperial Sword, Infant Snow Boots, Lewis Ny Zip Code, Girl And Boy Hand Love Image, How To Sing In Head Voice With Power, The Blue Channel Lyrics, Cheapest Unison Pastels, Catfish And The Bottlemen Aoty, Wirral School Admissions Portal,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *