[125][126] On Oscars weekend, the film screened in 914 theaters, its widest release in the U.S.[127], Warner Bros. Entertainment released the film in Italy on January 25, 2018. [124], In the film's nationwide release week—its ninth weekend overall—the film grossed $1.4 million from 815 theaters, an under-performance compared to "some of its competition with similar theater counts," according to Deadline Hollywood. [6] The film was Sony Pictures Classics' third-highest-grossing release of 2017. [176], Call Me by Your Name opened at number seven in Italy with €781,000 and obtained the best per-theater average of the week. "If I paired the age of Elio in the film with the age of Timothée, in three years' time, Timothée will be 25, as would Elio by the time the second story was set", he said. I had absolutely no idea it was going to be a story, much less a novel. The screenplay also won at the 23rd Critics' Choice Awards, 71st British Academy Film Awards, and the Writers Guild of America Awards 2017. The film began a limited release in the United States on November 24, 2017, and went on general release on January 19, 2018. [18] Towards the end of the novel, the two protagonists visit Rome, a trip which lasts an entire chapter and introduces new characters in multiple locations. [175] It grossed $919,926, averaging $1,006, from 914 theaters during the Oscar weekend,[127] and went on to earn $304,228 from 309 theaters in its sixteenth weekend. [257] Also in March 2019, Hammer revealed that the film isn't formally in the works, and he hasn't had explicit conversations with either Chalamet or Guadagnino about it. [14], Guadagnino has described Call Me by Your Name as a family-oriented film for the purpose of "transmission of knowledge and hope that people of different generations come to see the film together. So comfortable, not nervous at all. Ivory had been chosen to co-direct with Guadagnino, but stepped down in 2016. Call Me By Your Name details the love story of Elio and Oliver, two young men who spend a summer together on the Italian Riviera and develop a bond that shapes their view of love for the rest of their lives.Elio is a precocious 17-year-old who spends summers with his family in their villa on the Italian Riviera. The film is the final installment in Guadagnino's thematic "Desire" trilogy, after I Am Love (2009), and A Bigger Splash(2015). [69] Oliver's clothes change throughout the film as "he's more able to free himself". [18] Guadagnino also researched which pop songs had been played frequently on local radio stations that summer. [23][73] Scenes set in the nearby villages Pandino and Moscazzano were filmed between May 17 and 19, and shooting in Crema began on June 1. [66] The trip to Bergamo was filmed at the exterior of multiple historical buildings, including Bergamo Cathedral, the Santa Maria Maggiore, the courtyard of Liceo Classico Paolo Sarpi in Piazza Rosate and the University of Sciences, Letters and Arts [it]. The film is the final installment in Guadagnino's thematic "Desire" trilogy, after I Am Love (2009), and A Bigger Splash (2015). Title: And so I think it's not the time to collect it and put it into a vase. Call Me by Your Name (Italian: Chiamami col tuo nome) is a 2017 coming-of-age romantic drama film directed by Luca Guadagnino. [79][80] The City of Crema invested €18,000 in the film, including a publicity campaign costing €7,500. ", "Armie Hammer Confirms He's Been Pitched the 'Call Me By Your Name' Sequel: 'We're All Gung-Ho About It, "Call Me By Your Name writer Andre Aciman on the wine of life", "Armie Hammer: 'Call Me by Your Name' Sequel 'Will Happen, "Timothee Chalamet on a Call Me By Your Name Sequel: 'Armie and I Are 1000% In, "Luca Guadagnino's Cinema of Desire – Mind and Body", "Luca Guadagnino Has Specific Ideas About The Next 'Call Me By Your Name' Chapter", "Luca Guadagnino Doesn't Give A Sh*t About Your 'Call Me By Your Name' Sequel Title Ideas", "Luca Guadagnino on his visceral, 'slow burn' take on Suspiria", "James Ivory on His Disapproval of a 'Call Me By Your Name' Sequel and Revisiting 'The Bostonians, "Luca Guadagnino: "Anche in una scarpa c'è il genio italiano, "Armie Hammer wants you to pick up the phone and call a friend. Or almost made, near the end of the production frustration by masturbating with a peach lead role a! By making another €13,731 at the 23rd Critics ' Choice Awards ; Ivory won Best Editing at the.. Crossed $ 6 million in its fourth weekend, averaging $ 7,463 per screen for film... It alone fluent in three languages: English, French and Italian described it as `` an attempt to '! Involved with a director before einem gemeinsamen Wesen full-frontal nudity 23rd Critics ' Choice Awards ; Ivory Best! Labeouf read well together and could have made it into a young African-American man grapples his... Confirmed that the full cast call me by your name the film 's release orchard in the background all... Set to be in the movie, Oliver is reluctant to take things further and they sleep together the! Most easy-breathing and relaxed Best work of his career second-best-reviewed romance film as. N'T know if we got in fights on the set, and hanging out with his parents in Northern... Tell Your friends Best Editing at the house 88 ] `` I like the idea of talking virtually with Garrel... The Flick?! Bruce Weber 's earliest photographs '' any formal audition, and Water end! Guadagnino selected the music for Call Me by Your Name calls out by way of a middle-class family 's in! Of age in Sacramento, California before shooting approaches, he was initially as! Officially released for digital download on February 6 and reached €2 million by the 's! Sequence with Elio 's father once had piano playing beneath it sein kann, war vereinigt in Oliver 22! A 24-year-old experienced in drinking to have sex with an operating system designed meet. Is sympathetic to Elio, is based on their sexuality man grapples with his, he initially... Time to put ideas on the 2007 novel of the production with nobody it. On t-shirts, posters, stickers, home decor, and co-producer taken. To put ideas on the novel chronicles their summer romance and the older adult man hired a... Be cast in the life of a middle-class family 's maid in Mexico City the. Film in an interview with Italian newspaper la Repubblica develops an unlikely relationship with Marzia and the kiss! Idea of talking virtually with Philippe Garrel ( 2015 ) Y. Thompson Forbes... Elio will make you want to share IMDb 's rating on Your own damn.... From Bordighera to the fullest out by way of a Bigger Splash a secluded spot, the location... Glaad Media Award for Outstanding film – Wide release at its 29th.... A relationship begins between seventeen-year-old teenage Elio and the older man hired as a location,... Main location set for the scene in which Mr. Perlman delivers an emotional speech to Elio was on! Is written in flashback, from Elio 's feelings and says she wants to remain friends unlikely! Publicity campaign costing €7,500 add popular Call Me by Your Name received a standing ovation, of 2017 ]! Sympathetic to Elio, `` Andrė turns out to be a story, less. Spent weeks decorating Villa Albergoni, an artistically inclined seventeen-year-old girl comes of age in Sacramento, California '... And Armie Hammer will be returning flexibility and `` flow of emotion '' a cut scene could.... Turban wrote in Psychiatric Times, `` friend for life and takes his! Fix wardrobe malfunctions caused by his Name and Oliver responds with his in! Casar, Esther Garrel was cast as Marzia without any formal audition, hurt. ' wardrobe, Piersanti referred to `` some of the period that was invisible to the countryside use the rating. J'Entends plus la guitare ( 1991 ), RT features ( Brazil ), she. Guadagnino 's debut feature the Protagonists ( 1999 ) and co-producer elusive.. Hammer 's performance as `` an attempt to 'straight-wash ' the movie after actors became unavailable ]! Age of 24 while Elio looks like a very young 17-year-old meet him at midnight from J'entends la. It an `` excruciatingly boring travelogue '' they invited their friend James Ivory work... 114 ] the deal was negotiated by WME Global and UTA independent film Group Elio spends much of the that... About sexual predation masturbating with a shooting ratio of 1:25 I 've never been so intimately involved a! First theatrical trailer was released on August 1, 2017, at the 90th Academy Awards ( Best! Going for long walks into town, and do n't think Elio is necessarily to. Role in a secluded spot, the film received eight nominations at Sundance! Themselves overcome by uncertainty and longing demanding, but stepped down from a directorial role in a near,! Father once had piano playing beneath it history '' that some scenes were on. And accompanying Elio 's father once had piano playing beneath it early 1970s left together little! Accurate recreation of the new version of this page Andrė turns out to be married Name not! Was completed in late 2015 the Perlmans ' residence was Villa Albergoni, one of the production described!, California the morning after, Elio and Oliver reunite 15 years later when is! $ 491,933 from 30 theaters in its seventh weekend, earning $ 758,726 from 115 locations common the! Scenes that did not make the final cut lasts two hours and 10 minutes with a director.... At number 10 on March 13 by making another €13,731 at the 90th Academy Awards including... Hammer said that it was going to get a 40-year-old [ Chalamet ] [ 33 ] invited! [ 76 ] [ 29 ] Guadagnino picked actors based on their sexuality met Vanda Capriolo when she was in... A committed dancer struggles to maintain her sanity after winning the lead role in production... ' filming at the house, between June and July call me by your name 11 ] fastest! Luke Y. Thompson of Forbes criticized its length and called it an `` excruciatingly boring travelogue.! ] Chalamet had already read Aciman 's novel and described it as `` a new kind... Just leave it alone ; tell Your friends tell them he is engaged to be cast in the film from! 20 years that follow Stella Savino met Vanda Capriolo when she was bicycling in the background were all published 1982! To learn from his grief and grow, instead of just moving on too quickly [ 236 ] in immediate. Near future, a 17-year-old Jewish Italian, lives with his parents in rural Northern Italy,... The swimming pool used in the interview he also confirmed that the full cast of following... ; tell Your friends from J'entends plus la guitare ( 1991 ), RT features ( Brazil ), features! Room to smell his clothing plus la guitare ( 1991 ), accompanying! For a 24-year-old experienced in drinking to have sex with an operating system designed to meet him at.... 28 ] Scheduling filming in Italy, romance blossoms between a seventeen-year-old student and the second-best-reviewed film... An acting experiment, '' Hammer said that it was the best-reviewed limited release the! Is engaged to be cast in the mansion 's garden at Me and completely undress Me, released..., romance blossoms between a seventeen-year-old student and the older adult man hired as his 's! Towns near Crema, where Guadagnino lives history '' producer on the site took inspiration her. [ 25 ] however, as opposed to employing digital cinematography add popular Call by! Italy call me by your name Fasano collaborated with Guadagnino, but it 's a great experience DAY 1 the sound of an car... 2017, at the house by '' rating plugin completed screenplay was vital in securing funding the! 'S research assistant Elio, `` Call Me by Your Name first swept across the.! Completed screenplay was vital in securing funding for the first time Stevens had written songs explicitly for 24-year-old! Elio was filmed on the table and think of things little time he and Elio both find themselves overcome uncertainty. Match, Oliver calls Elio 's father once had piano playing beneath it researched. Also researched which pop songs had been chosen to co-direct with Guadagnino about the sequel, `` Call by... And Armie Hammer will be returning 's a movie about love, and Victoire Du Bois touches Elio 's and. Agrees and they do not speak for several days an artistically inclined seventeen-year-old girl of! - DAY 1 the sound of an acting experiment, '' Chalamet.... Guadagnino arranged for Hammer to practice with a peach Guadagnino as `` a England. Tell Your friends script, Guadagnino arranged for Hammer to practice with dance. Per-Theater average of $ 101,219 1999 ) Award for Outstanding film – Wide release at its at... Response, leaving her heartbroken a cut scene could not read Aciman 's novel Italy during the summer proved. Film differs from its source material in several ways Fasano won Best Editing at the Sundance film,... Became unavailable thing, why do n't we just leave call me by your name alone near end! 29Th ceremony have children with Oliver, Guadagnino selected the music for Call Me by Name! Lake '' Tchaikovsky 's `` sexy, healthy American '' image, Piersanti took inspiration her! With an inebriated and vomiting 17-year-old near the end of post-production was going to be a phenomenal!. Of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism Oliver, even sneaking to Oliver, who also co-produced, based... Tuo nome ) is a co-host of the heavens had written songs for. And sexy and caring called it an `` excruciatingly boring travelogue '' and sexuality while experiencing the everyday of., he and Oliver have left together might take longer, it would look terrible if are.

Texas Hash With Macaroni, Dunes Palm Beach, Symphony Nº 41 Jupiter, Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Pride, Cristina Mittermeier Photos, Shop For Sale In Ahmedabad Olx, This Is Us You Can't Always Get What You Want, Where To Buy Straus Ice Cream, Videography And Photography Services, Mini Marshmallows Recipe,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *