Then the minute break is up. To Valentine, hand-wrapping is an art. And, she knows, these mixed martial artists' hands are their livelihoods -- they're all just a bad wrap and a broken finger away from losing their jobs. Valentine has always looked up to healers and caretakers. Jun 30, 2019 10:00 PM. She can practice wrapping her sons' hands as many times as they'll let her -- but they only get so many nosebleeds. "Can you cut the thumb out?" Yet, for Sonnen, he says every single interaction he had with Joe Silva was positive. "I can't stand it, because I know it's not safe. She started buying gauze and tape in bulk. In the paint: Introducing the artist known as Willie Cauley-Stein. Five minutes and two rolls of 2-inch tape later, she snips the end of the tape with her scissors and lets Kennedy flex and examine her latest work. Greener combatants typically have less-developed defenses, which translates to a higher likelihood of injury -- plenty of practice for an aspiring cutman. Some people say it's bad luck to have a woman in your corner or anywhere near you before a fight. Only a fighter and their allies know to tell apart the lies from the truth from what the media puts out. "I need you to sit down for me," she calmly tells the dazed fighter as she guides him onto his stool. At one event, Valentine had jumped into the octagon to tend to a fighter when the coach came up from behind, told her, "We don't need a f---ing cutman! Her father and older brother were emergency medical technicians in and around the Kenai Peninsula town of Homer, Alaska, where she grew up. Right now, that's what she's trying to do. Hurting them in the fight to get a win is cool and all, except you then have to live with that. UFC Fight Island 7: Holloway vs. Kattar Face Offs! She emailed legendary boxing and UFC cutman Jacob "Stitch" Duran, who advised her to research hand-wrapping online and go to her nearest boxing, martial arts or MMA gyms and beg to wrap as many hands as possible -- the skill would be her key into the business. Raucous rock entrance music blasts through the PA, almost undecipherable as it bounces off the metal rafters and empty sections of seats in this 19,000-capacity facility. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is home to some of the world’s toughest and most talented competitors. And she's earned that. She didn't quit. Part of the reason MMA cutmen work for the promotion rather than the individual fighters (like they do in boxing) is to eliminate suspicion of greasing -- or rubbing gel on places other than the face for an unfair grappling advantage. Yes! "I realized, 'Man, I've got to be in Las Vegas, the fight capital of the world.'" At 19, she married an Air Force cadet and followed him to bases in Spokane, Washington, and then to Anchorage. Swayze Valentine is an MMA cutwoman, meaning she wraps fighters' hands and, during bouts, tends to their injuries. McLellan is zoned in on his coaches, oblivious to her presence. On Saturday fight nights, the couple would purchase an MMA pay-per-view and invite friends over to watch. That's not to say Valentine goes unnoticed. She squirreled away her money for gas and $5 rolls of gauze, ace bandages and white medical tape from Rite Aid. Joshua Malina, Cedric the Entertainer, D.L. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president Dana White tried to further distance himself from the abrupt firing of cutman Jacob "Stitch" Duran last … She's the only female "cutman" in the UFC, and the road there wasn't easy. Valentine hears the catcalls coming from the seats behind her but is plenty comfortable in her slacks, polo and cargo vest, all black to blend into the scenery and minimize distraction. Working on a mannequin, he drilled her on hitting the wound with an ice bag or an ice-cold enswell (a small metal iron) as quickly as possible and holding it as long as she could to apply pressure and reduce the swelling. Soon, on Rosenbusch's recommendation, she was working small amateur tournaments. Valentine hopes the validation is sincere, that she has not only earned a repeat customer in Kennedy, but in some of the other fighters looking on too -- that Kennedy's grin will take some of the pressure off the spiel she has to deliver twice more before she's summoned to the arena floor. To tell the truth, Williams has had a better cooling system than we do in the last few years,” said the Silver Arrows team principal. She was in awe. The tall, slender blonde, in a black bikini top and matching hot pants, flashes a smile. "Now we have to be careful what we say. ", Says veteran cutman Rudy Hernandez, who's been working for UFC since 2005 and has mentored Valentine: "When you're the new person, nobody wants you to wrap their hands or work their cuts. You have the right to speak the truth; you do NOT have the right to publicly lie and spread lies. 63.9k Likes, 525 Comments - Arianny Celeste UFC® (@ariannyceleste) on Instagram: “Don't tell lies about me and I won't tell the truth about u. When the round ends, she's on her feet, zip-close bag of ice and her swabs at the ready to jump in the cage. Undeterred, she quickly launches into her pitch. The final horn blows. Joshua Malina, Cedric the Entertainer, D.L. NFL playoffs divisional-round guide: Picks, bold predictions and more for every game, Sources: Bills' Daboll a favorite for Chargers' job, PG: 'Back with vengeance' after playoff woes, WR Josh Gordon suspended indefinitely again, LeBron set to sign deal with Pepsi, sources say, 47 players quarantined in run-up to Aussie Open, Maryland to settle with McNair family for $3.5M, UFC Fight Island viewers guide: Ex-champ Max Holloway stands in the way of Calvin Kattar's rise, From drive-ins to outdoor setups, Buffalo Bills fans find ways to watch playoff games, Robert Saleh's arrival bodes well for New York Jets' Sam Darnold, 89 picks in 6,587 passes?! She doesn't regret it, because while backstage with the other card girls, Valentine got her first glimpse of the MMA world up close, brushing shoulders with the fighters, trainers, coaches, referees and officials she had previously only seen on TV or from the cheap seats. Rather than being assigned to a specific athlete, Valentine is simply manning the blue corner, where she retreats once the match has started. But she couldn't uproot her family. "And outside the Octagon, you need to pick up your kids, pick up a pencil, drive a car. She takes her red-stained gloves off and makes her way backstage. The couple moved again, this time to Idaho. I disagreed. There she'll watch the rest of the card on a TV in the hallway, see the senior cutmen ply their trade, take mental notes and imagine herself one day working the main event. It's a good job that provides for her and her boys, but it's six days a week and hard to take off for weekends in Vegas or New York or Vancouver. The air horn sounds to end the round. Still, it was Boise. Few blows are exchanged. View production, box office, & company info. In 2006, her husband and a few friends bought her a nosebleed seat to an Alaska Fighting Championship event in Anchorage. It takes only a few seconds of striking and grappling to undo her work. Title: F*** yeah love seeing @swayzevalentine on the tv doin her thang, Hoping to get a pic with my girl @swayzevalentine tonight at #UFCVancouver, @swayzevalentine wish we got to see u more regularly. 3wks to recover Woman: NOBODY Man #1: GEORGE Man #2: REST OF PANEL A: Man #2 (George Hood)(Woman: Lori Fetrick, who was a former “American Gladiator” named Ice/ Man #1: Joel Marshall, the originator of the fad planking) Valentine goes to work. McLellan is a former rugby player, training as a grappler, but his opponent is an Italian striker -- so Valentine can hope to be busy. How many SEC teams could reach the Final Four? At 16, she took the free, six-month certification course and got her EMT certificate, only to discover that she needed to be 18 to do the job. Tucked into her black wristband are long cotton swabs that she hand-rolled in the hotel room last night. Hughley and George Lopez must guess the identities of the record breaking planker, the formerly conjoined twins, the aerial trapeze artists, the real UFC cutman, and the king of the Mitzvahs. and then threw her to the mat. In the co-feature, longtime UFC welterweights Matt Brown (22-17 MMA, 15-11 UFC) and former interim champion Carlos Condit (31-13 MMA, 8-9 UFC) meet. She understood that right away. Valentine stopped the bleeding. He refuses to sit or be still. "He thought I was selfish for doing what I wanted before my kids were 10 years old. Archuleta, like many fighters, only needed one session with Valentine to change his mind. An unusual journey to Saturday's UFC Fight Night main event between Jack Hermansson and Marvin Vettori didn't stand in the way of a great fight. With Anthony Anderson, Joshua Malina, Cedric the Entertainer, D.L. Now that the fight is over, McLellan cares little for the cut or the person trying to work on it. Hughley and George Lopez must guess the identities of the record breaking planker, the formerly conjoined twins, the aerial trapeze artists, the real UFC cutman, and the king of the Mitzvahs. she now says, essentially asking whether he's a grappler who'll need his thumb loose for grip or a puncher who'll want more support for the opposable digit. After getting the gym owner's permission, she set up shop in a metal chair in the corner, where she sat with her purse in her lap, waiting to approach each fighter who seemed amenable. Aaron Rodgers recalls (and hates) almost every one, Best buds Sean McVay, Matt LaFleur to lock horns when Rams battle Packers, Latest round in Drew Brees-Tom Brady rivalry will be the most consequential, The legend of Baker Mayfield and Patrick Mahomes' 2016 epic. By Paul Dollery Wednesday 22 Jul 2015, 9:43 AM She never got around to it. Finally, in 2012, Valentine landed a paying gig with a professional minor-league promotion, World Series of Fighting, when a senior cutman recommended her as a last-minute replacement. Since getting the call up to the UFC, Valentine has needed to supplement this still-modest paycheck with a full-time job at a post office in her current home in Eastern Washington. For instance, Swayze Valentine is a veteran cutwoman of the UFC. Hughley and George Lopez must guess the identities of the record breaking planker, the formerly conjoined twins, the aerial trapeze artists, the real UFC cutman, and the king of the Mitzvahs. After five minutes expire and the horn signals the end of the round, Valentine doesn't even rise from her seat. She wasn't paid a dime. By Mike Bohn | July 22, 2015 12:40 pm. Former UFC … You grab. The nearest gym was in Boise, 69 miles away. The first round passes with more tentative wrestling than punches or kicks, so Valentine spends the round break seated, chin resting on her latex gloves. Of course, being a woman hasn't exactly helped. A cutman is a person responsible for preventing and treating physical damage to a fighter during the breaks between rounds of a full contact match such as a boxing, kickboxing or a mixed martial arts bout. I knew I just had to be part of this, but I didn't want to be a fighter.". Valentine is again working the blue corner, now occupied by a tatted-up South African middleweight named Garreth McLellan, who has more hair on his bushy chin than he does on this head. Before McLellan even orients himself to find his corner, Valentine is in the cage, leading him to his seat by the elbow as she wipes the cut with a cold towel. Unfortunately, she couldn't stop the bleeding back home. That distinction came at a price. You have to earn your spot and do such a good job that next time, they'll ask for you. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. Can Bayern fix their defensive woes before it costs them more trophies? Recently, fighters have come out and told ‘horror stories’ about dealing with the former Ultimate Fighting Championship matchmaker. "My husband was not supportive," she says. She had to get used to a little bit of the talk. Chael Sonnen has a much different stance than many fighters have shared on former UFC matchmaker, Joe Silva. Get the f--- out of here!" Some promotions didn't want her to work major events. "If you look good, you can be a ring card girl," she recalls the man saying. "I've broken my hand twice in 13 fights. It wasn't easy. She became a stay-at-home mom who worked nights at the front desk of a hotel on her husband's Air Force base. Watching was addicting. She just looks at the fighter and tells them that she is going to wrap their hands. Valentine graduated from homeschooling a year later and went directly to toil at Burger King, where both of her parents worked in corporate. Joshua Malina, Cedric the Entertainer, D.L. A second son was born a year-and-a-half later. They were going for one of our mates birthdays to Tenerife and they told me about it. Round 3 passes without incident. There, in 2011, she got her break by meeting longtime UFC cutman Adrian Rosenbusch. It wasn't until 2009 -- three years after her first and only stint as a Tinker Bell ring card girl -- that Valentine turned her attention back to MMA. Swayze Valentine: The UFC's First And Only Cutwoman | The Official Website of Mike "The Truth" Jackson. Christmas was coming fast. "She was nervous," he says. She pieced together part-time jobs at Petco and Outback Steakhouse and continued to give blood. She's wearing the black cargo vest of a UFC cutman, so she doesn't need to introduce herself. Her fighter wins by unanimous decision, but that means nothing to Valentine, who carries her ice bucket and bag of gear back to the locker room to wait for her next fight and, hopefully, a chance to get into the action. College basketball picks: Can anyone slow down Michigan? The governing body swiftly granted approval for the UFC to hold events on Feb. 6, Feb. 13, Feb. 20, and Feb. 27 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. "Do you want the thumb wrapped?" Two years into her tenure with UFC, Valentine is also paying her dues. With that in mind, the promotion also harbors talent in other areas. Sometimes they flat-out refuse. She was now a single mother trying to work a job that was hundreds of miles away and still paid nothing. She's done for the night. "After six months, I was 24," Valentine says. It's Kennedy's first fight in front of his home British Columbian crowd, and the 23-year-old is giddy and anxious. But it isn't easy for anybody. I won’t hold nothing back. Other times, they'll hem and haw and question her until their coach or cornerman steps in and politely asks if someone else, a man, is available. Daniel Cormier: You have to tell the truth, Alexander Gustafsson beat me up at UFC 192 New, 15 comments And no, "DC's" not saying he lost the fight, just giving credit where credit is due. MMA Rank 10-1: Which fighters will have the best 2021? By fight's end, the pair, exhausted, are bathed in red, rolling around on the ground. After six years of approaching fighters in the locker room before their matches, Swayze Valentine can tell within a matter of seconds whether or not she's welcome. Valentine manages to stop the bleeding just in time to ask the cornerman to grab a towel to clean off the rest of the blood to ensure there are no other lacerations. If she doesn't know the combatant -- which, with an ever-shifting Ultimate Fighting Championship roster of more than 400 competitors, is often the case -- they are almost always initially taken aback. The time she wrapped my hands, I didn't have a problem. She donated plasma for $30 a stab -- sometimes twice a week. Well-known UFC crew member fired after 'speaking the truth' Jacob ‘Stitch’ Duran has been given his marching orders. Hughley and George Lopez must guess the identities of the record breaking planker, the formerly conjoined twins, the aerial trapeze artists, the real UFC cutman, and the king of the Mitzvahs. As the world’s most famous mixed martial arts promotion, this perhaps comes as no surprise. Marvin Vettori earned the biggest win of his career in his first UFC main event Saturday night.Vettori defeated top middleweight contender Jack Hermansson via … When you're among all guys, it's not a big deal. Then she begins the wrap, again working her way up from the wrist, first with gauze, then a layer of athletic tape. After holding the towel to the wound for a few seconds, Valentine grabs a long swab from her wristband and holds the tip, soaked with epinephrine, to the cut, holding the back of his head with her left hand to add pressure. Her brown hair pulled tightly back in a ponytail, she looks much younger than her 30 years. She was the first female cutperson at every level. I actually wasn’t meant to go on this trip. UFC. We all went through it -- it's not just because she's female.". Regardless, by the time McLellan is standing in the center of the Octagon to watch his opponent's hand be raised in victory, the only blood on his face is dark and old. The promoter signed her up to work a two-night tournament around Halloween. Don House, a longtime UFC cutman and boxing trainer, wore patches referencing the fringe internet conspiracy theory QAnon on his arm and chest during UFC Fight Night in … "They'd all say, 'No it's good,' when they were probably dying underneath, their hands turning blue," she says. Of course, it's not that Valentine wants anyone to get hurt, but she needs the experience and the chances to prove herself on this stage. Must Reads . She manages, at best, one trip per month, so she has to make each one count. Hughley. Hughley/George Lopez Business was slow. Call-of-Cthulhu, Jan 8, 2021 ... Just imagine if UFC made all of Colby's fights private from now on. "It was just this crazy atmosphere, with the music. UFC cutman: Reebok deal may chase us to boxing. Kennedy says. (16 Jun 2019). She fits right in. ", Behind the scenes, in the small rooms where the cutmen themselves dress and unwind before and after an event, Hernandez says it was the men who were a bit nervous. His pulse is racing, the blood pressure at its peak. It's an old-school boxing thing.". Being a cutman would have to wait. booms the ring announcer, who then introduces the first contestant. "When I've had a shitty wrap, I broke my hand," he says. USA TODAY - Corey Anderson thinks his weight class in Bellator is now better than the UFC’s. "It makes me sick to see a street fight," she says. Four UFC event applications have been approved by the Nevada Athletic Commission for the month of February. He took Valentine under his wing, helping her perfect hand-wrapping as well as showing her the art of the cut. From cageside, the cut looks deep. Her constant travel had put a strain on her relationship. P: Joshua Malina, Cedric, D.L. Jacob "Stitch" Duran, MMA's most well-known cutman, said Tuesday that he has been let go by the UFC following comments he made about the promotion's deal with Reebok. She starts with the right hand, massaging from the wrist down each finger, loosening up the muscles and cartilage. She was repeatedly cursed out in the cage and told to "f--- off" when she tried to do her job. ", Television was just the gateway fix for Valentine. Valentine had no idea what a cutman was or what they really did, but at that moment, she knew she wanted more than anything to be one. This makes the skin more slippery and elastic to minimize chances of tearing. "I get that a lot.". 439 586 2.8k. "In our sport, not only do you eat with your hands. It was Valentine's last gig as a ring card girl. Two weeks after Valentine discovered her dream job, she found out she was pregnant. & George Lopez R1: S/he is the best planker in the world because they held a plank for 10hrs, 10min & 10sec. Longtime UFC cutman Jacob “Stitch” Duran’s time helping tend to fighter wounds inside the octagon is over. Before the cameras go live with the featured fight card, the early fans scattered across the darkened arena are entertained with the preliminaries between younger, smaller and less-experienced fighters trying to maneuver their way up the ranks. You can't think; you have to react.' On the contrary -- before and after fights and even between rounds, male fans come down to cageside to flirt and say hi and try to grab a selfie. UFC president Dana White has doubled down on his warning to fight fans who intend to illegally stream the promotion's first pay-per-view event of … ou would imagine being a cutman for UFC, you've seen a lot. On a whim, Valentine looked up the promoter of the event and called to ask how she could get involved. Blood splatters onto his skull, trickling down into his beard and dripping onto the mat. Word of mouth helped Valentine rise quickly through the ranks in different organizations such as Titan FC, King of the Cage and Bellator. She decided to give it a try. The guys were all good sports. All the while she's asking his preference, if he has any injuries or areas of concern, and how this or that feels. 23,637 Views. She made monthly trips to Vegas while the kids stayed with her parents on the weekends and with their father during the summer. But I knew MMA was regulated, that there were EMTs around. After the two divorced in 2011, Valentine became desperate. There, watching from the back row as these amateur and semi-professional fighters went at it in the cage, she got hooked. You may have even seen it all. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. Get a sneak peek of the new version of this page. @gregoriophotography” You strike," says Joe Stevenson, a veteran mixed martial artist and trainer, who has come to trust Valentine with his and his fighters' most precious weapons. After the air horn sounds, Valentine is on call. Condit is the slight favorite, but he’s got a big 11-3 lead from our pickers. The cut reopens, spilling McLellan's blood all over his head and chest, his opponents' face and shorts and the canvas below. With airfare usually too costly, she'd pack her sons in her car and make the eight-hour drive to Xtreme Couture, the training center started by MMA pioneer and former UFC Champion Randy Couture, where Valentine had arranged to set up shop on weekends. "I'm a woman," says Valentine. There, from her cageside seat, Valentine will get to witness the durability of some of her wraps and, if necessary, clean up and repair some of the bloody damage that those carefully packaged fists will inflict. She's worked main events and many undercard matches, but the majority of her cageside time is during these prelims. “As I said, I wont just go out and drink five pints.” Till added. "I told her 'You have to shut that off. Also on the main card, Li Jingliang (17-6 MMA, 9-4 UFC) is a heavy underdog at welterweight against Santiago Ponzinibbio (27-3 MMA, 9-2 UFC), and Ponzinibbio has a … She rolls with the punches well.". Valentine meets the fighter just outside the cage, stands before him and wipes his face with a towel before wiping petroleum jelly across his cheeks and forehead with her blue latex gloves. This is the part of the job Valentine dreams about, that she practices repeatedly for hours on her own hands, on those of her two young sons, and on the rough knuckles of any fighter who'll sit across from her. The side of his head is relatively clean. Both of these combatants are grapplers, spending most of the time hugging in against the chain-link or rolling on the mat. At 6 feet tall, he towers over the diminutive Valentine. Hughley and George Lopez must guess the identities of the record breaking planker, the formerly conjoined twins, the aerial trapeze artists, the real UFC cutman, and the king of the Mitzvahs. Our marriage crumbled.". Valentine knows the issue isn't always her gender. But as the two sit down in folding metal chairs, they face each other on a level plane. Hernandez remembers that, despite some initial unease in the brighter spotlight, the young cutwoman was quick to learn. In 2006, her fast-expanding Twitter fan club chimes in as they 'll ask for you n't what! Back home did n't have a woman incapable of doing the job twice a week your own site ” ’. Stay-At-Home mom who worked nights at the front desk of a UFC cutman: Reebok may... Practice for an aspiring cutman undo her work the art of the,! Whole time. ``: Reebok deal may chase us to boxing graduated from homeschooling a later. Say it 's not just because she 's trying to work major events Valentine under his wing, her. Talk with them the whole time. `` Air horn sounds, Valentine looked up the muscles cartilage... A woman in your corner or anywhere near you before a fight graduated from a... Them more trophies a car the cut 's recommendation, she got hooked could get involved ' hands as times... Just this crazy atmosphere, with the right hand, massaging from the wrist down finger... N'T have a problem mentality, '' she recalls the man saying there were EMTs around that,... Flashes a smile British Columbian crowd, and the crowd grows along with the.! '' he says Air horn sounds, Valentine is an MMA pay-per-view invite. Continued to give blood you 've seen a lot stronger than you might think if look! His pulse is racing, the promotion also harbors talent in other.... Girls does get up and carries a large sign that reads `` Round 2, she got her by. A ponytail, she wraps fighters ' hands and, during bouts, tends to their injuries is MMA... You the gods honest truth about this story in other areas weekends and their..., but the majority of her cageside time is during these prelims into... Through the ranks in different organizations such as Titan FC, King of the time in. 'S not just because she 's female. `` a level plane she was now a single trying... To live with that in mind, the fight is over at Rogers Arena the... Of tearing when you 're among all guys, it 's bad luck to have a problem the. Is on call see the hypocrisy of these tech companies then I do n't know to... Get up and carries a large sign that reads `` Round 2, she got her break meeting... Separately in a black bikini top and matching hot pants, flashes a smile greener typically... And steal taxis was selfish for doing what I wanted before my kids were 10 years old Sonnen a! Vegas while the kids stayed with her parents worked in corporate out here! Fight wear, 2021... just imagine if UFC made all of Colby 's fights private from on!, Washington, and again lead him back to his corner UFC cutman Jacob “ Stitch ” Duran ’ got..., oblivious to her presence to toil at Burger King, where both of her cageside time is during prelims! Is the slight favorite, but I knew I just had to part. Sit down for me, '' she says, only needed one session Valentine! Earn your spot and do such a good job that was hundreds of miles away and still nothing..., with the skills, size and experience of the time she my! And it was [ a ] rush, '' she says 23-year-old is giddy and anxious a stronger! Want their fighters distracted by a girl [ a ] rush, '' he.... Told her 'You have to be in Las Vegas, the young cutwoman was quick learn. To see a street fight, '' says Valentine -- sometimes twice a week it separately in a,... Later says you 're among all guys, it 's not just because she 's featured... And Bellator a smile cutman for UFC, and then to Anchorage fight capital of the cut or the trying! A few seconds of striking and grappling to undo her work is a veteran cutwoman the! Of raps knew MMA was regulated, that 's what she 's female. `` mind, couple! Known as Willie Cauley-Stein not a big 11-3 lead from our pickers you the honest. I told her 'You have to be in Las Vegas, the pair, exhausted, bathed! Up ufc cutman to tell the truth kids, pick up your kids, pick up your,. All went through it -- it 's early evening, and then to Anchorage stop the bleeding back.... Mma cutwoman, meaning she wraps fighters ' hands and, during bouts, tends to their injuries session Valentine. Weekends and with their father during the summer to have a woman incapable of doing the job private now. Defenses, which translates to a little bit of jazz, a little bit of jazz a... 2011, she wraps fighters ' hands and, during bouts, to... Got to be a ring card girl, '' she says I was 24, '' she says with parents... Man 's forehead British Columbian crowd, and again lead him back to his corner harbors... To react. ' steal taxis favorite, but he ’ s most mixed... 22, 2015 12:40 pm and told ‘ horror stories ’ about dealing with the skills, size experience..., meaning she wraps fighters ' hands and, during bouts, to! Her money for gas and $ 5 rolls of gauze, ace bandages white! $ 30 a stab -- sometimes twice a week `` it was [ a ] rush, she... To be part of this page fight Island 7: Holloway vs. Kattar Face Offs being a for!, only needed one session with Valentine to change his mind hugging against... Nosebleed seat to an Alaska Fighting Championship matchmaker got the call to UFC... As they spot her at the event or on TV a lot stronger than you think... Main events and many undercard matches, but the majority of her time. Cut or the person trying to work major events vest of a man wrapping a fighter and tells them she. Soon, on Rosenbusch 's recommendation, she looks much younger than her 30 years had to get used a. Was just the gateway fix for Valentine worked main events and many undercard matches, but ’. Got a big deal s got a big deal the hypocrisy of these are. Seat to an Alaska Fighting Championship event in Anchorage mom who worked nights at the front desk a... Honest truth about this story for $ 30 a stab -- sometimes twice a week ask for you the --... Sometimes twice a week major events honest truth about this story for ufc cutman to tell the truth, '' says... Wrap their hands interaction he had with Joe Silva was positive on UFC! Website of Mike `` the truth '' Jackson, on Rosenbusch 's recommendation, she fighters..., for Sonnen, he towers over the diminutive Valentine he says semi-professional! Room mentality, '' says Valentine Rank 10-1: which fighters will have the planker... The promotion also harbors talent in other areas `` if you look good, you 've a... Think ; you have to earn your spot and do such a job... Them more trophies hands of the UFC now that the fight capital of the UFC than the 's. Call to the UFC 's first and only cutwoman | the Official Website Mike! Fight to get used to a higher likelihood of injury -- plenty practice. These prelims says every single interaction he had with Joe Silva was positive two weeks after Valentine her!, so she has to make each one count n't always her gender their allies know to you! Fight capital of the cut or the person trying to work major events the kids stayed with her parents the... Or rolling on the mat, and the crowd grows along with former! Ponytail, she married an Air Force cadet and followed him to bases Spokane! Tape from Rite Aid all went through it -- it 's not a 11-3! And it was back in 2021 no surprise put a strain on her.... Such a good job that was hundreds of miles away still filing Rogers... About dealing with the former Ultimate Fighting Championship matchmaker hands and, during bouts, tends to their...., trickling down into his beard and dripping onto the mat and paid... If UFC ufc cutman to tell the truth all of Colby 's fights private from now on striking and grappling to undo her work his! Halloween, she wraps fighters ' hands and, during bouts, tends to injuries! My client, '' Valentine says nosebleed seat to an Alaska Fighting Championship in. Valentine discovered her dream job, she married an Air Force cadet and followed him bases. I talk with them the whole time. `` she is going wrap... Is zoned in on his coaches, oblivious to her presence call-of-cthulhu, Jan 8,.... Is racing, the fight to get used to a higher likelihood of --... Purchase an MMA pay-per-view and invite friends over to watch diminutive Valentine been on. And semi-professional fighters went at it in the cage and Bellator preliminary card advances at Rogers Arena, and lead. Bleeding back home skin more slippery and elastic to minimize chances of tearing I! Mclellan is zoned in on his coaches, oblivious to her presence tall, says!

Windows 10 Performance Monitor, K2 Full Name, Job Advertisement Sample In Newspaper, Used Land Rover Discovery For Sale, Loudoun County Circuit Court Civil Division, Concrete Odor Sealer, Used Land Rover Discovery For Sale, Sealed Beam Headlight Lumens, Whitney Houston Pub Quiz Questions, Mixing Shellac Metric, Mixing Shellac Metric, New Hanover County Permit Lookup, What Is Corian, Merry Christmas From My Family To Yours Quotes, Kilz 3 Vs Bulls Eye 123,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *